Many investors ask me about investing in London, Ontario. Current increases in real estate prices in the GTA are causing people to invest in cities where you still can get cash flow for rental units. I decided to start helping my clients invest in London, Ontario where real estate is booming but prices are still affordable compared to prices in the GTA.
In a recent report by the London Free Press, London was cited as a prime example of the North American city that investors are seeking out – and will continue doing so. London was mentioned by the Vice President of Southwestern Ontario Market Outlook as the type of secondary and tertiary market that has “a strong track record, long-term stability and good growth. It is a phenomenon that is happening”. So, with the investment arrow pointing straight up, what is the best course of action for turning that dream purchase into a reality?
Below are some findings about why investing in London, Ontario is a great idea:
Why London Ontario?
- Reported by Huffington Post as one of the top cities to live in Canada
- One of the fastest growing cities in Ontario.
- One of the hottest real estate markets in Ontario.
- 94% Employment rate (Statistic Canada).
- Median Employment Income $73,000 a year.
- 54% Property Value Growth in the past 5 years (more than 10% a year)
- 98% Occupancy for London Rental Market
- Prestigious Western University has 29,828 full time students.
- Fanshawe College one of the biggest in Ontario, 21,000 full time students.
- London is home to the largest, single food industry investment in Canada as Maple Leaf Foods unveiled its new processing plant meaning 1,500-jobs and $1.2B windfall.
- London is exempted of the Foreigner Land Transfer Tax
I have some nice investment properties that might interest you.
- Student Rentals
- Family residential rentals (legal duplexes)
These properties have management systems in place that will help you buy units that are already tenanted and help you acquire new tenants in the future.
I went to London last weekend and found some nice properties with positive cash flows that are not on MLS.
To receive Cash Flow Properties in London Click in the Image Below